Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yet more shameless self-indulgence...

...though cut me some slack, it was decreed by Diane.

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Wendy's bun toaster/dishwasher/put-bacon-in-the-oven-er/Salad Bar guru/Queen of the Pick-Up window
2. YMCA lifeguard/puke cleaner-upper/pH tester/fodder for lecherous old hot tub-lounging men
3. Head Lifeguard/grass mower/fornication patrol for a county park
4. Therapist/world-saver/backstage manager for Jerry Springer-like existence

B) Four movies I would watch over and over (or have watched over and over):
1. Office Space (I own a red stapler...and so does Josh)
2. Best In Show (GENIUS)
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

C) Four places I have lived:
1. Traverse City, MI
2. Saginaw, MI (Marie, did you live there when I was in 2nd grade? Ha.)
3. Holt, MI
4. Kalamazoo, MI

D) Four TV shows that I watch:
1. 30 Rock
2. 30 Rock
3. SNL
4. The O'Reilly Factor

E) Four places I have been:
1. San Francisco
2. Amarillo, TX (home of the Cadillac Ranch and Ricky's Towing)
3. Portsmouth, NH
4. Berea, KY (damn beautiful town)

F) Four people who email [or call] me regularly:
1. Yosh (like that wasn't obvious)
2. My mother
3. My mother-in-law
4. Kimmy
(Honestly, people, it's all about texting and the internet)

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Frosted Mini-Wheats
2. Strawberry Edy's Fruit Bars
3. Broccoli
4. Cosmopolitans (YES, they're food!)

H) Four places I would like to be right now:
1. Target (buying new bikes)
2. A salvage yard (searching for that Mazda3 of my dreams)
3. Swimming 1000 SKIPS in a 25-yard-pool
4. Biking the White Pine Trail (see #1)

I) Four things I am looking forward to this year:
1. Going to Miami ("welcome to Miami" - Will Smith)
2. Going to EUROPE!
3. Paying off some STUFF
4. Retiring Patsy for a newer car (that is not rapidly approaching 200K miles)

J) Four people who should/will [respond] post FOUR THINGS ABOUT THEM:
1. Melissa (who, I think, will second that emotion in regards to Amarillo, TX)
2. Anne (who works for Speculum Wealth)
3. Trace (preferably in Afrikaans)
4. Rudi (preferably in Hungarian)

5 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Your husband emails you?

Miss Laura said...

No, he calls me often, and vice versa.

Brown said...

Oh, I did read this...but forgot I was tagged. Sorry dahling. I always click on it...you just don't update often...but I can't talk. Muwah.

sjcb said...

you watch o'reilly factor only when you're at grandma's, right? please tell me you watch o'reilly factor only when you're at grandma's. (as my fave facebook group likes to say, "i get my news from comedy central and my comedy from fox news.") HA.

Miss Laura said...

No, Sarah Jo, we do watch it. At home. More accurately, Josh watches it all the time and has for years, and I've gotten to the point where I'll intermittently pay attention to it. O'Reilly cracks me up.