Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Further evidence that my husband is a nerd...

Perhaps if you are a male acquaintance of Josh's, you've been propositioned by him to play this game:

If he's bugged you about it, I'm sorry. But I will say that thus far, everyone who has played it with him likes it and wants to play again. Last night we trekked up to Rockford to the home of Josh's bro Adam and his fine family expressly for this purpose. Honorary family member Nathan Hinkley and his new wife Marci came too. Sarah, Marci, and I had bonding time while Adam, Josh, and Nate played the game (with one of the LOTR films playing on the giant computer monitor nearby, no less). Spencer wanted to join in too, and I'm glad they let him in on it...he loves playing games with the grown-ups. He was up way past his bedtime.

As were we all. Us ladies preferred to go get ice cream and watch Memoirs of a Geisha. Gorgeous film.

During our dinner of steak, merlot, and margaritas, Adam and Sarah asked Josh and I to be the godparents of the baby girl who will be joining us in just two weeks. Hurrah! After immediately accepting, Josh said, "I was wondering how many kids you'd have before it was my turn!" Now there's even more reason to be excited! Bring on the baby!

No comments: