Monday, May 21, 2007

Oh, sweet Jesus

I really mean it. Jesus is sweet and beautiful and lovely.

Some photos of this evening's festivities:







We've been through some gut-wrenching emotion over here at Mikrut Central lately, much of which has resulted from a certain final grade that did not correctly reflect a certain amount of studiousness on the subject of Torts. I won't go into that so much, because today was a much better day. I get a phone call from my boy, who informs me that another of his grades has posted, and he'd gotten an A- in Contracts.

Huge. Freakin'. Victory.

The boy is exuberant. He's thrilled. His faith in himself has been restored. He tells me that prior to calling me, he ran around the house and shrieked like Macaulay Culkin. (Don't you just love the imagery?) Although when you think about it, Mac's shrieking was not so much from joy as it was Aqua Velva, but whatever.

I found JOSH confetti at Meijer. Life doesn't get much better than this.

5 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Yeah, Josh!
Did he not pass Torts? I think my dad may have had to re-take that one.

Miss Laura said...

He did pass Torts, he just got a lower grade than he would have liked...and to be honest, it wasn't such a terrible grade in the grand scheme of things, but you know...you like to see output that equals the input. Aside from all the cutthroat competition with one's classmates.

diane said...

Yeah!! That's fabulous news!!

Love the Flowers, confetti and imagery. Not to mention that cute chalkboard! :)

the dicocco gang said...

for real. I am sad I am just now reading this post... and that I missed on the energy in the moment... but so glad that the energy gets to live on because you shared it with us!
Way to go Josh!
And, yes, I can absolutely see him running around screaming. The thought makes me grin wide from my heart!!
And Laura, I LOVE you for celebrating with him in such a fantastic way! Josh confetti. For real. You are the girl!

Eliina said...

I forgot to start checking your blog again after Easter, and I'm just reading this now. Congrats to Josh on the contracts grade! And torts is the weirdest, most disjointed class anyway, it seems like the exams can't help but be arbitrary because the subject is such an odd mishmash of stuff. How did the first year go overall? Is he liking the law?