Sunday, November 13, 2005

The many results of eating less...


This is a photo of a two-pound catfish. I lost the equivalent of this fish in body fat this past week. I accept your congratulations and well-wishes for further fishes lost. Perhaps next week...a mackerel.

Today I cleaned out my fridge, as three things had come to my attention: 1) There was no room in the fridge; 2) Despite this, there was nothing to eat; 3) All my tupperware had gone missing, and I had suspicions as to its whereabouts.

What did I find? The two nearly-empty half gallons of milk that I was recitant to open. The penne. The whole-wheat spaghetti. The barbeque meatballs. The chicken marinade. And finally...the shredded lettuce. For those of you who are conducting highly complex biological experiments requiring specific variables, it was shredded iceberg contained in a navy blue IKEA Syntes cereal bowl with an elastic-edged Saran Ready-Wrap thing. It had been in my refrigerator for approximately...well...it dates back to pre-engagement Laura's house, so let's say approximately four and a half weeks.

I am a disgusting human being.

Please excuse me while I scavenge through my non-perishable food items for something to eat.

1 comment:

madjeepgirl said...

oh, that's awesome! my nerd brain is already working overtime and ready to create diagrams of different fishes to monitor the loss of them...our Mrs. mikrut is brilliant!!!